Lead Staff: Richland & Pasco
Starting Wage: $13.27-$15.39/Hour DOQ/DOE
Typical Hours: Before & After School- Richland programs open at 6:00am, Pasco at 6:30 am. Both close at 6:00pm.
Our Mission: To empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the Lead Staff will plan and implement a variety of materials and resources to promote physical, mental and social development for school-age youth. The Lead Staff member visibly enjoys working with children, strives to create an environment that is safe and fun while helping members build confidence and skills. The Lead Staff member fosters positive relationships with children, families, staff and school personnel. The Lead should be passionate about implementing great programming in a busy environment.
- College Credits or certification in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with elementary aged youth.
- Experience in program planning.
Strong classroom and behavior management skills.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to remain poised, positive, and energetic in a busy work environment.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 30-Hour STARS Certificate
- Tuberculosis Test
- CPR/First Aid Card (Preferred)
- Blood Borne Pathogens Training (Preferred)
- Food Handlers Card (Preferred)
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program. Activities should also be consistent with the organization's mission and priority outcome areas.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet children's varying needs and interests.
- Promote and market programs to Club members.
- Contribute to the creation of the Club's overall climate for youth development and success.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Work to maintain upkeep of equipment.
- Manage program supplies.
- Help to maintain organization and cleanliness of classroom.
- Enforce administrative policies and procedures and Washington Administrative Codes (WAC's).
- Attend required meetings and trainings in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Help, under the guidance of the Site Coordinator, lead assistant staff.
- Other duties as assigned.