OJP Mentoring Lead
Main Branch – Pasco
Status: Part-Time/ Non Exempt approx. hrs 2:00-6:30 pm M-F
Starting Wage: $13.27-$14.94/hr DOQ/DOE
Our Mission: To empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
Under the supervision of the Branch Director, the OJP Lead is responsible for planning and implementing fun, creative, and meaningful activities for one on one and small group mentoring sessions. Mentoring sessions take place with youth Kinder through 6th grade. OJP Lead is also responsible for ensuring program reporting is done in a timely manner.
The OJP Youth Mentoring Lead Youth Development Professional should enjoy working with youth, create an environment that is safe and fun while helping members build confidence and skills. Youth Development Professionals foster positive relationships with children, families, staff, and community members.
- Minimum of one year experience working with youth.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to remain poised, positive, and energetic in a busy work environment.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Be able to lift 40lbs.
- Work with Program Director to complete lesson plans and implement programs both one on one and in small groups.
- Contributes to the creation of the Club’s overall climate for youth development and success.
- Maintain grant records and reports for program participation.
- Create a program setting that ensures the health and safety of members.
- Plans programs and activities consistent with the organization’s Youth Development Strategy.
- Promote and market programs to Club members.
- Help to manage program supplies and equipment.
- Ensure participation of members in National Boys & Girls Club programs.
- Help organize activities and events to show case or highlight members.
- Help to maintain organization and cleanliness of building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person at 801 N 18th Ave in Pasco.
- Positions close as filled
- Successful applicants will be asked to interview ASAP
Boys & Girls Clubs of Benton and Franklin Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.